I may not be an expert, but I'm a nineteen-year-old with nothing to lose...

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Using Muses

"You say too late to start, with your heart in a headlock, You know you're better than this" -Imogen Heap, Headlock (2005)

I have always been fascinated with music. I don't know why. All my life, I just haven't been able to get enough of it. I love listening to everything from the popular rock of The Foo Fighters to the not-quite-techno-y sound of Imogen Heap. Growing up, my parents trained me in the ways of listening to Simon and Garfunkel, Billy Joel, and Bob Dylan. My siblings have always made sure I wasn't just listening to tini-bopper stuff and had a more broadened scope of the music world. They opened up the worlds of Oingo Boingo, U2, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Beastie Boys, Patty Griffin, Social Distortion, and so many others.
I recently was thinking about music, as I often do, and was thinking about how a lot of times people ask me about my opinion of different bands or they ask me to help them expand their cd collection with artists they have yet to learn about. I enjoy helping them. I love talking to people about music. So, I thought to myself, "why not keep a blog about it?"

That is what I plan to do...

2 comments:

ML said...

You go girl! You've been commenting on music since you were old enough to talk!

Zachary said...

Amen Sister! I am excited about this blog!